Lynchburg Virginia Region AACA
In 1956, Mr. K. T. Hall brought forth the idea of forming an Antique Automobile Club in the Lynchburg, Virginia area. After several meetings were held with the Waynesboro-Staunton Virginia Region of the AACA, an organizational meeting was held on Sunday afternoon, January 6, 1957, at the home of John W. Nowlin. The decision was made to become a chapter in the Waynesboro-Staunton Region. John W. Nowlin was elected Chairman, (President), and along with Mr. Hall, Wayne Tyler, W. H. Nowlin, Jr., and G. L. Shaner, signed the chapter application.
In 1977, the Club elected to recognize Mr. K. T. Hall’s original idea for a local AACA club by dedicating the Third Annual Hill City Meet to him. It was with much appreciation for his great contribution and to the many years of association and fellowship that Mr. Hall was made an Honorary Life Member of the Club, with full privileges, by election of the membership on June 7, 1977.
In early 2008, our Club’s first President John W. Nowlin was presented with his 50 Year AACA Membership pin by then-President Kathy Kellam and a small group of Lynchburg Region members. Mr. Nowlin passed away in March 2008 and is sadly missed by our club and all that knew him.